Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Clarion Call?
Clarion Call is the flagship Business Contest event of the IIM Calcutta Alumni Association (IIMCAA) MUMBAI to encourage entrepreneurship in India.
2. What is the purpose of Clarion Call?
- To encourage entrepreneurship by providing support and visibility to investors.
- To provide a prestigious forum for deserving and budding entrepreneurs to learn and grow.
- To create, nurture and strengthen a pipeline of entrepreneurs for incubators and investors.
- To propel startups in making significant progress towards raising funding or investment.”
3. Who is organizing Clarion Call 4.0?
Clarion Call 4.0 is organized by IIMC Alumni Association Mumbai in association with IIMC Innovation Park (IIM Calcutta Incubator). IIMCIP is the program partner along with IIM-CAN ( IIM Calcutta Angel Network)and lead Angels.
4. Is it a Virtual event or Physical or both?
CC 4.0 is a Virtual Event, and does not require any travel or face to face meetings to be part of it
5. Who is eligible to apply?
Incorporated (in India) for-profit startups generating revenues (Minimum 3 months revenue traction), across any sector. This is ideally suited for Seed stage & pre-series A stage startups, while our investor pool is open to funding promising start ups, irrespective of the size & scale of the business.
6. Where can I apply?
You can apply here: http://contest.iimcip.org/apply-now/Clarion-Call-4.0
7. How to apply?
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button on the website and you will be redirected to a portal where you can register to make an account and then start filling up the application. No pitches or documents required now.
8. Is it required for all the founders of a startup to register?
No, only one of the founder needs to register and submit the application. You can share the details of the other founders in the application and that is enough.
9. When is the last date to apply?
Last date to apply is 8th April (Midnight IST), 2021
10. Are there any documents required to be submitted at the time of application?
No, you will not be required to submit any documents at this stage. Selected startups for the incubation, funding, rewards or prize money will be asked to submit necessary documents for verification before any benefit is awarded.
11. What is the process of selection and the stages of the program?
The program launched on 8th March, 20201, Registration closes on 8th April, post which 1st Round of selection will be done basis the section parameter scoring and scrutiny to arrive at top 50 Startups as a shortlist. These 50 start ups will pitch to a jury of reputed investors, entrepreneurs and Industry experts to go through a detailed evaluation to arrive at top 20 FINALISTS. The finalists will get opportunity to pitch to various Angels/angel network and VCs and IIMC IP for fund raise. The event will conclude with top 8-10 start up to pitch to an esteemed jury on 1st May to select the contest top 3 winners for Awards & prizes. This final event will be grand online events with eminent entrepreneurs & investors, scheduled for 1st May 2021, Saturday. The finalists fund raise conversations will continue after the final day event where there is an interest/Term sheet from investors or angel network. Clarion Call will facilitate the investor connection & engagement in these cases.
12. What are the broad parameters for selection?
Total Addressable Market, Uniqueness of the business model/product offering, Founding Team, Early traction validating the consumer hypotheses and Go-to-market are critical aspects for evaluation at this stage
13. Can a startup who has already raised angel money or is part of an Accelerator/Incubator participate in Clarion Call 4.0?
Yes, you can apply and be part of CC4.0 to get better access to mentors, investors and other benefits.
14. Should applying start ups be an incubate at any of the incubator already
No, you need not be a startups incubated anywhere. It is also not required for you to have raised funding already.
15. What are the incubating opportunities under Clarion Call 4.0?
Top 10 start-ups get automatic enrolment to IIMC IP. Top 50 start ups have an opportunity to be evaluated for incubation by our Ecosystem Partners of incubators/accelerators. CC4.0 will facilitate the process for the same.
16. What kind of support will be provided during the program?
Senior IIM-C Alumni have signed up for providing structured mentorship for select start-ups based on mutual areas of interest and agreement. Investors, mentors and exports from other participating organizations in the event will also be offering mentoring support for the startups.
17. Are there any cash prizes?
Yes, first 3 start-ups get cash rewards. Total Cash Prize for Clarion Call 4.0 is Rs. 10 lac.
18. Are there any rewards or credits for the benefit of the startups?
Credits – Final 10 Start-ups get USD 5000 in Amazon AWS Cloud Credits; Final 50 Start-ups get USD 1000 in Amazon AWS Cloud Credits (Both groups have a path to get credits up to USD 100,000 based on performance milestones and scaling). Access to HubSpot’s Software at Startup friendly pricing up to 90% discounts in Year 1 ‘HubSpot Growth Strategy Workshop (Sales and Marketing).’ Plus FRESHWORKS Credits of 4000 USD for top 50 startups , 10000 USD for top 20 startups and 25000USD for WINNER, 20000 USD for 1st Runner UP and 15000 USD for 2nd runner up. There are more CREDITS for RAZORPAY for Startups getting funded , plus a complete Start up Banking suite of products from HDFC Bank at preferential pricing/fees for all participating start ups, 30% DISCOUNTS to top 50 start ups for Data privacy & infosec services worth 2.5 lac Rs savings(Virtual Chief Infosec Officer and Data Privacy Officer) + top 3 start ups get FREE Privacy + Security Testing of their Mobile App (If they don’t have one, then for their website) and OZONETEL Cloud Telephony FREE License for TOP 3 winners.
19. What knowledge sessions or workshops are available?
AWS Technical Workshops for top 50 start-ups
Hubspot Marketing Workshops for top 50 start-ups
Masterclass by Industry Gurus & Entrepreneurs for top 20 Start-ups”
20. Is the information provided by me kept Confidential?
Information provided by you will be kept confidential and be used only for the purpose of evaluation by various stakeholders – Incubators, Investors and Jury
I have more questions, how can I reach out to the organizers?
You are welcome to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
21. Can you tell us more about IIM Calcutta Innovation Park?
The IIM Calcutta Innovation Park (IIMCIP) is a not for profit (Section 8) company established under the aegis of IIM Calcutta to promote Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- The broad objectives of IIMCIP are:
- To promote entrepreneurship and create a nurturing ecosystem where fledgling enterprises with innovative ideas and solutions can flourish
- To promote Innovation in research and business through industry-academia partnership
Please login for more info – http://www.iimcip.org/about-us/
Clarion Call is an initiative of the IIM Calcutta Alumni Association (IIMCAA) MUMBAI to promote entrepreneurship in the start-up ecosystem in India. It is conducted in the form of a business contest for start-ups to attract best of early-stage start-ups and founders across the country.
Copyright © 2022 Clarion Call